CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

I FOUND THE ANSWER!! I just have to say that I KNOW my Heavenly Father knows me and knows my specific struggles and questions I have. It amazes me that He cares so much about me and that He answers my prayers. I have been struggling with finding the answer to something quite important recently and this morning I FOUND IT! I can't even tell you how many conference talks I have read and how many times I've looked in the scriptures to only come up with somewhat of a fuzzy response to my question. It was getting so frustrating and causing problems and arguments left and right. I hate to say it, but I was to the point of giving up and just coming to the conclusion that my question wasn't going to be answered specifically and my feelings weren't going to be confirmed either way. I was thinking "Oh great, this is another one of those "Figure it out on your own." kinda things." I strongly dislike those, by the way. Well, this morning, in my given-up state of mind, I decided not to try to find the answer to my question anymore, I wasn't even going to think about it. I was going to spend my time studying something else with a more solid direction, like house cleaning. There's really no two ways about it. You're supposed to keep your house clean and that's that. A few weeks ago I attended a class my mother taught on that very subject and had collected some information from it. As I read through one of the talks we were given, there was a part of it that, once again, very hazily answered my previous question I had just yesterday given up on. Ah, but there was a footnote, a glimpse of hope in finding a more concrete answer. I found that this sentence was taken from a pamplet written back in 1987 by President Ezra Taft Benson called To the Mother's In Zion. I found it online and started reading. IT WAS THERE! My answer was there, as clear as clear can be. Not only was my answer there, but I was inspired about many other things as well. I'd have to go ahead and say this pamphlet was AWESOME! It really made me feel so good to know that even though I had given up, my Heavenly Father had not given up on me. I know I haven't let you in on what my question was exactly, and that could be frustrating some, but really, that's not why I'm sharing this with you. I just want everyone who reads this to know that I know that Heavenly Father is real and He really cares about each and every one of us. If you have time, and even if you don't, I would suggest you read this pamplet even if you aren't a mother, even if you're not a girl! It's really not that long and even in it's lack of length there is definitely no lack of spiritual upliftment. Thank you to those of you who actually made it through this very long-winded post. I love you all so much!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is going to get really annoying when you check your comments from me, but it's the first thing that come to mind, and there's no reason not to say it so i'm going to say it again...YOU"RE AMAZING! Thank you so much for your example. I read that long long ago, but it's time for a reminder.

Cody and Jessie said...

That's the best feeling to finally find an answer to something you have been searching for for so long. I read the pamphlet online and it was really good.

Brandon and Amanda Gregory said...

Hey! I just found your blog. I am glad that I did. I have to agree with one of the above comments- "you are amazing" Thanks for what you said in your post. you never know who you can touch just by letting them know how you made it through a hard time like that, that you were able to find your answer. Thank you Becky. I really needed that today! I am just greatful I found your blog:) Anyways I will be adding you to our list. Its fun to see all that goes on in different families around us. dont you think:) Thanks again. Amanda